BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I made his day!

I went to the grocery store this weekend and a man asked me to hand him a circular. I responded sure, but before I could turn to reach for the paper, he had begun telling me his story about why he needed it. I didn't pay his words much attention. Instead I begin to wonder why he wouldn't be quiet so that I could get the paper for him. It is rude to walk away from a person while they are talking, but I had to get this paper so he could go home. Eventually, I had to turn while he continued his story about getting a raincheck. When I handed him the paper, his face lit up as bright as the yellow shirt he was wearing. At that moment, it became clear. I had made his day.

It is easy to overlook the little things that could brighten someone's day or help someone when we have our own agendas on our minds. I believe that as we work toward accomplishing our tasks for the day, we should lend a helping hand.

Smiles are contagious and make you feel good on the inside. Try putting a smile on someone's face today and see how it makes you feel. If you feel good afterward, do it for another person. By the end of the day, your worries will seem so small and your kind acts won't go unnoticed in the eye site of God.

Be Blessed!
~Vee~

0 comments: